French bulldogs are known to be sturdy, stout, compact and small with a distinguished square shaped head. Apart from being cute, they also have broad muzzle. They usually have black nose with attracted round eyes. Their ears always stand erected which makes them look like always ready and active. Dogs like the French bulldogs are perfect to be petted. It is very pleasurable to have them running around the house and doing funny tricks. They are not too big to handle yet not to small either. If you want to adopt this type of dog, you need to first know the basic information about French bulldogs.
Listed are some things you need to know about French bulldogs which will tell you why you should get one:
1. The French bulldog is very easy to care for. It is a perfect companion because they are playful and alert yet still very affectionate. If you live alone and wants to have an active companion in the house, then the French bulldog is the best for you. They will never give you a boring time.
2. Some people call them as clown dogs because they always have that happy disposition. It might be because they are born jolly and good-natured. Most owners of this kind of dog always love to have them around.
3. They will seek a lot of attention from you and they can become very aggressive if ignored. So if you want to have one, you need to make sure that you always have time for your pet. Actually, all they want is to have playmates. Just play with them and cuddle with them in your bed. Just make sure that they are clean enough so you can always invite them in.
4. They can sense their owner if he is being too passive. If they notice you being bored, they will come into you and distract you from whatever you are doing. Do not be annoyed when they do this. They just need someone to play with. You might want to spend time with them when they start seeking your attention because if not, they might behave badly.
5. French bulldogs are born clean. They usually avoid mud and puddles. If you take them outside, you do not have to worry if they get dirty. They will only play in some dry and clean areas. That is why it is better for them to stay inside the house.
6. They are prone to eye problems and joint related illnesses. If you are sensing these problems, you better bring them to the vet. He can recommend some medicines to prevent these symptoms.
7. These types of dogs snore when they are asleep. So if you sleep with them in your bed, you better be ready for some snoring.
8. Dogs like these are perfect for people who live in apartments. You are sure to have a clean and neat home with these dogs. They do not like messy surroundings and would keep their home tidy.
9. You also do not need to groom them too much. Just a little brushing after taking a bath will do.